The Homewood-Flossmoor High School Foundation was founded in 1982 and is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Since that time, the Foundation has worked to enhance the school experience of H-F students by funding programs to help students maintain a competitive edge both inside and outside the classroom. The H-F Foundation raises money each year through fundraising events. After a grant application is submitted and a presentation is made to the Foundation board, funds are distributed to student organizations and clubs, faculty members, and advisors.
Who do we give to?
The HFHS Foundation is privileged to support our staff and students by providing grants that allow teachers to bring new ideas to the classroom and clubs.
2017-2018 GRANT RECIPIENTS
• DECA: $2,000
• OrchestraTour: $6,000
• Debate Team: $5,000
• Steppers Club: $4,000
• Model United Nations: $4,500
• Scholastic Bowl $2,000
• Suzanne E. Nebendahl Girls Golf Scholarship: $500
• Scott Sims Memorial Water Polo Scholarship: $1,000
• The Kevin F. Maher Memorial Scholarship (2): $1,500
• Korean United Methodist Church Scholarship (2): $500
• The Lowry Family Scholarship: $4,000 (over 4 years)
• Homewood Rotary Club Scholarship: $5,000 (over 4 years)
• Nikki Navarette Memorial Softball Scholarship: $1,000
In addition, the HFHS Foundation manages more than 15 scholarships awarded to students each year.
2017-2018 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
• HFPA (6): $500
• Elyse Bell Girls Golf Scholarship: $1,000
• Brian P. Miller Memorial Scholarship: $500
• Bruce Keene MVP Track Scholarship: $3,000
• Flossmoor Service League Scholarship (4): $500
• Friends of the Library Scholarship: $250
• Elizabeth F. Barry Memorial Scholarship: $2,500
How do we fundraise?
Mary Lou Coleman, President
Laura Brennan-Levy - Class of '85
Katie Coderre - Class of '84
Susie Goldberg - Class of '61
Amanda Fordon - Class of '11
Sarah Huffman - Class of '84
Anne Humphrey - Class of ‘82
Sheila Klupchak - Class of '85
Tricia Perl - Class of ‘85
Julie Smith - Class of ‘80
Jan Valuch - Retired HF Teacher
The Homewood-Flossmoor High School Foundation Board of Directors meetings are open to the public. They are held on the second Tuesday of each month and start promptly at 6:00 p.m. Meetings are held September through June at H-F in the District Conference Room,
999 Kedzie Avenue, Flossmoor, IL 60422.